January 11th – C+HVPS Annual General Meeting
- Presenting the 2018 Programme. Keith Brown
- The new Chairman entertains Nick Chalkley
February 8th – Members Lectures
- An interest in photography-starting out whilst still at school Ian Holmes
- Top to Bottom of the Rockies Ray Fowler
March 8th – Visiting Speaker
A print lecture “Faces & Places” Bob Underhill APAGB, AIPF
April 12th – Members Lectures
- The power of the image Sue Hughes
- Scene from the camera Roger Moore
May 10th – Handing in entries for the 2018 Annual Exhibition. Starts at 7.00 pm, doors open at 6.30 pm
Members projects: Time for members to share their current photography related projects.
May 25th – A lecture by Denis Thorpe at Losehill Hall YHA
details to be announced
June 14th Judging the 2018 exhibition entries.
Erica Oram CPAGB, AFIAP, BPE2
June 23rd – 30th Annual C+HVPS Exhibition opens at St Peter’s Church, Hope during Hope Wakes Week.
July 12th – Visiting Speaker
August 9th – Members presentations
Members Night – “Beat the Clock.” Eight invited members to show whatever they like in 10 minutes.
Sept 13th – Presentation of the C+HVPS 2018 Awards
- “Contrasts” Les Nixon
- “A mixed bag” Steve Elliott.
October 11th – Visiting Speaker
An evening with Rebecca Nex from Sheffield P. S. Colour images, projected and prints
November 8th – Visiting Speaker
“The best of the last, UK and beyond” A Natural History & Wildlife presentation by Paul Hobson
December 13th – C&HVPS Christmas Dinner .
Additional events with details to be announced.
- Light painting evening by Steve Elliott.
- Audio Visual Show in Castleton Church by Kate & Keith Brown
- A Workshop evening developing our portrait skills.
This year we are also endeavouring to have a more active outside activities programme, mainly during the summer months with local and regional locations. Please advise Ray Fowler if you have any ideas.
- Visit to RAF show at Scampton. 9th Sept with Andrews
- Visit to National Memorial Arboretum 20th Sept with Andrews
- Longshaw Sheepdog Trials Friday 31st August