Keith & Kate recently completed their follow up to Grease Gaskets & Gears. You’ll recall that many members visited Les Lennon’s boot factory in Stoney Middleton and took photographs of this important mill – the last factory in the UK to be producing boots. The factory goes back to the late 1800s when Les’s grandfather opened the mill and started production.
K&K honed down their latest AV: ‘These boots…’ with Les narrating, and gave their premier of their latest AV. The venue was the YHA’s Losehill Hall, where 71 members and visitors enjoyed what was truly a feast for the eyes and music to the ears. MANY thanks to Alistair and Gillian for making this superb venue available for our fundraising AV Night. – where they and their team also provided tea and coffee. Net takings for this truly enjoyable event amounted to just of £300, which will be banked until we can accumulate sufficient funds to purchase a new projector for the club.
Here’s a list of the contributors to the AV programme:
- Gardom’a Edge – Steve Elliott;
- Bamford Village – Richard Clemmons
- Beep Beep – Kate Brown;
- Jewel in the Crown – Kate Brown;
- Bamford Edge – Richard Clemmons;
- Grease Gaskets & Gears – Keith & Kate Brown; then the mid evening interval
- Castleton Ancient & Modern – Keith & Kate Brown;
- Carhead Rocks – Steve Elliott;
- Peace & Love – Keith Brown;
- Stanage Edge – Steve Elliott;
- These boots …. – Keith & Kate Brown;
- 12 Blessings – Kate Brown.